From:
Caroline St-Pierre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:46:04 PDT

Hi List !

One day I checked the label of these great looking biscuits. To my surprise,
they appeared to be GF. They are fancy meringue and chocolate filled cookies
and can be found in a regular supermarkets. After inquiring about them, here
is what I received from the US manufacturer (see after dotted line at end of
message)...

product specifications: Bahlsen truffet (meringue biscuits with chocolate
creme filling coated in milk chocolate) 100 g for 2.99 can $.

I purchased them in grocery stores in Quebec (Can) and the ingredient list
is as follows : sugar, oils, rice starch, cocoa butter, chocolate liquor,
milk ing., low fat cocoa powder, egg whites, corn starch, dried egg white,
soya lecithin, natural and artificial & flavours, glucose-fructose.

Please do not ask me about the exact source of the above ing. as I do not
have info that is not posted here except that their ing. composition does
not change unless the label says so. This company seemingly has a GF list
which I should receive later ! Also I am already aware that european
GFstandards may differ from north american ones. ...Just thought some of you
might be interested in affordable store bought treats for the days when
cooking is not so exciting ! They truly are a treat.

Cheers,

Caroline,
Quebec,  Canada

Hi Caroline,
I just received word from our factory in Switzerland that Bahlsen's Truffet
are gluten free.

I have not received a list of additional items, but you will hear from me
again once I get the information.

Thank you for taking the time and contacting us.

E. Schmielewski