Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 12:46:03 -0500

I quote from The Food List published by The Coeliac Society in the UK.
"Almost all brands of gluten-free breakfast cereals contain malt extract or
malt extract flavourings which are considered to be safe for Coeliacs."
Our experience has been that in the USA we never, ever ate malt, malt
flavouring, or malt extract.  In the UK we do and there has been absolutely
no consequence.  We also eat allowable wheat starch here with no problem at
all.
Perhaps Don Kasarda could comment if he see this.
Jane Oswaks, London