From:
Tracey Toms <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracey Toms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:49:09 -0500

I'm the second known generation with celiac disease.  I've been keeping an
eye on my two gluten eating children (ages 5 and 3) and the 5 year old has
been having increasing GI issues over the past year.  I had finally decided
that at his next well check in January I was going to bring up the subject
of celiac testing and request blood work.  My husband talked me into making
a call today to give them a heads up and they want us to go see a GI to
figure out what's going on.  Now, celiac is my first guess, but I'm also not
a doctor, so seeing a GI is a good step.  My main issue right now is trying
to pick where to go.  I'm about equally distant from the main hospital of
CHOP and the duPont (about an hour to each).  I know duPont has a celiac
center.  I have a local CHOP center about 15 minutes from home.  My problem
is I don't know which one to call to schedule the appointment.  I struggle
with not being officially diagnosised and I do not want to do that to my
child.  I really want to have an answer to whatever his problem may be.
Anyone have a preference between the two?

Tracey

*******
*******