From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 1997 08:10:48 -0600

If anyone remembers my saying that I have been trying to educate the doctors
to look at my other son.  I am celiac (only anemia as a symptom) my younger
son is celiac (classic symptoms).

My pediatrician had the feeling that my older son could not be celiac as he
is to big and healthy, but after getting info from the list re: constipation
as only symptom, anemia as only symptom, etc. she decided to ask the ped GI
about getting him tested.  He had blood testing 2 years ago but only 1 of
the 3 tests was done and that was negative.

When the ped G.I. heard of my sons symptoms, chronic constipation, and that
myself and brother were celiac he said he had been reading articles from
England that specifically dealt with patients with constipation as a
symptom.  He said no problem, he will biopsy Garnet.  His appointment to
meet the doctor is in July, but I will try for a cancellation appointment.

Will let you all know how it's going.  Without you I would not have found
the information to educate the doctors.  Thanks to all and especially the
listowners.

Karen Bulmer
St. Albert, AB, Canada