From:
Wendy Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wendy Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 22:14:07 -0600

hi wendy.... we went to disney last september with my family.  here are some of my notes on what you can eat in the park, and contact names/numbers to make arrangements for certain meals.  we ate just fine at the princess breakfast in the castle, alfredos in  epcot (although prior we ate at the japanese rest.) and the Prime Time Cafe at MGM.
The chefs and the staff, and especially Sharon (listed below) are just great!

Good luck and have fun!

Magic Kingdom

Sleepy Hollow / caramel corn
Aloha Isle / pineapple dairy swirl
Cosmic Café / rotisseri chix
Main Street Ice Cream Shop (ask manager for gf ice cream in back)
Hamburgers, hot dogs without buns
Turkey legs
Frozen lemonade
Ketchup
Snow cones
Strawberry juice bars
Itsakadoozie
Baked potato
popcorn

MGM
Contact:  Michael LaDuke 407 560 1347
All areas except ABC Commisary have gluten free french fries

EPCOT
Contact:  Sharon Schifano 407 560 7483
Liberty Inn  hot dogs / hamburgers / french fries, gluten free bread / grilled chix sandwich, turkey club, gluten free pizza in the freezer (ingredient book at cash register), haagen daas ice cream

Turkey legs / popcorn / strawberry juice bars / Itzakadoozie bars
Pure & Simple (Wonders of  lfe pavilion) fruit smoothies

MGM Prime Tiem Café
Restaurant # re Gluten Free # 407 560 7830

Disney is a paradise of gf food.  chef mickey's and the steak house at the
contemporary offer plenty to eat.  the character breakfast has gf waffles
(if you tell them ahead of time.)  they also have gf bread, rolls, and will
make anything you want.  Ask to speak to a chef when you arrive but be sure
to call ahead and the service will be outstanding.

Anywhere you eat in any of the parks will accomodate you.  the vendors are
mostly safe as well.  there are Mc Donald french fries stands and roasted
turkey legs that are safe as are all fruit pops and some of the icecream
pops.  Speak to the managers in the lunch places and they'll tell you what's
safe.

Try a gf pizza at tony's town square or stop by the Liberty tree tavern for
fresh ham and turkey dinners.

Epcot is trickier since each restaurant is representing a different country.
I ran into language issues a couple of times but had a great meal at the
chinese pavilion.  I'm sure the japanese pavilion will be fine.  you might
want to bring your own soy sauce to open up more menu choices.

Calling ahead to where you want to eat will allow you the greatest variety
but even unannounced you will eat better than you ever imagined!  I go every
year and I take pictures of all my meals for my scrap book.  It's the only
time anyone cooks for me!