Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 10:25:19 +0800

I am presently living in Taiwan and will probably be here for the next
two years or so.  I was in Canada for 2 months during the summer where I
followed a GF diet and all my symptoms cleared up - it was really
wonderful.  Since returning to Taiwan, however, I've been having more
trouble.  I quickly learned that restaurant meals are out - soy sauce is
used in almost everything.  So for the past two weeks almost everything
I've eaten has been prepared at home, and though my problems are nowhere
near as severe as before, I don't feel as healthy as I did in Canada.

Is anyone here on the list from Taiwan?  If so I would like to hear how
you're coping.  I feel very frustrated because this really should be an
ideal environment for celiacs - the land of rice.

The environment here is quite toxic - air pollution, water pollution
(I'm drinking distilled water) - so I'm wondering if my symptons are
related to environmental factors.

Ross MacIver