Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:43:44 -0500

Here are some more of the great responses I got on my questions of post nasal drip and celiac disease:

- I don't know whether you are taking Tegument, or Pepcid for anything else like that, I am, but that will give me post nasal drip faster than
anything else.

-  Yes, the first symptom I have when breathing wheat is post-nasal  drip.! And it happens within seconds! I does go away quickly anymore,
but used to take a lot longer.

-  Have CD and post nasal drip. It is often worse after I eat(and I am very careful). It is also strange that it affects only my left side!

- Just got back from the pediatrician's office - my little celiac has (another!) sinus infection - constant dripping down his throat is also flaring up his
asthma. Allegra didn't do squat (except make him REALLY HYPER) so the doctor has started him on antibiotics to see if that will stop the post nasal drip.
Sinus infections are definitely more common in celiacs, and they can be one sided.

-  Get that from milk consumption... finally gave up dairy (except aged cheeses like cheddar as they have a different enzymatic constitution).  The nasal drip has gone away.  When I was on gluten I still had that and it went away after going gf but after contaminations I seemed to get the congestion.  now I have to stay off milk products to keep the congestion/sinus stuff away.  I do know that if I get gluten contamination I get allergies, etc.  it has gone away as my exposure to gluten resolves.

- Am also a celiac and had the same problem as you do.  I went to an allergist yesterday to find out what was going on.  He gave me all the tests and then said I was not allergic to anything, that it was positively post nasal drip that was making me nauseated.  He gave me a prescription for Bausch & Lomb Ipratropium Bromide Nasal Solution - 0.06% (It is generic) and I am to use it at bedtime.  Last evening was my first time so I cannot say if it is going to work or not.

Again, thanks everyone, knew I could count on this group for answers/suggestions.

Helen
Nashville TN