Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:32:50 -0600

There has been a lot of posting off and on regarding vegan diets and I just
have to put my two cents in on this one.

The definition of a vegan (and I looked it up): an extreme vegetarian: one
that consumes no animal food or dairy products.

#1. According to the definition of a vegan, it would be impossible to feed
ones young.  We are mammals, animals, designed to nurse our young.  So right
there tells me a vegan diet would NOT seem a logical choice if we intended
to survive beyond the first generation.

#2. As if number one wasn't enough, as a celiac B12 is pretty darn
important.

My comments are not intended as a slam to anyone.  I'm just voicing my
opinion and I will summarize any and all comments whether I agree or not as
long as they are related to health and celiac and not for example..."I eat
vegan because I don't want to hurt animals", which has nothing AT ALL to do
with eating healthy.

Patti