From:
Rosalie Peipert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:44:45 EST

I have had vitamins made up by a pharmacist from a "neutral base." I
am  not sure that this is a possibility for you, but I thought that I
would let  you know, in case that you can tolerate this. Also, I am
not exactly sure if  it is possible to get an injection of vitamin d,
but I know that it is  possible to get injections of many other
vitamins. You didn't mention having  a hematologist. I would suggest
going to see one, especially an  oncologist/hematologist. Mine has
been an indispensable resource. A  hematologist would handle the
injection issue, and are knowledgeable about  all the different ways to
get vitamins into your blood stream - including  through an infusion,
if necessary.

I just ran a "google" search and typed in "dry vitamin derived from"
and  I came up with this - Vitamin Dry D 1000 IU from
Solaray Description:, The  Vitamin D in this product is a dry,
microencapsulated powder derived from  yeast. This water dispersible
form is beneficial for individuals  ...
vitanetonline.com/description/11266/vitamins/Vitamin-Dry-D-1000-IU/

I am not sure if you can have yeast (or I may have missed it in  the
email below - sorry if I did). Anyway, there are many  different
options of dry vitamin D and it says the places that you can get  the
vitamin from. I would suggest looking at that - maybe you can  find
something useful.

Try this website for further information in finding a hematologist:
_http://www.findahematologist.org/whatis.cfm_
(http://www.findahematologist.org/whatis.cfm)

Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) has been given via injection in clinical  trials
without apparent adverse affects per my brief search of Pub Med. It  is
probably not commonly done in MD practice. We have discussed this therapy  in
naturopathic school. Forms of vitamin D used for injection in the US  include
calcitriol (active D), ergocalciferol (D2) and paricalcitol.

"vitamin D" made in the skin from the precursor 7 dehydrocholesterol  needs
to be activated by hydroxylation in two organs-- the liver and the  kidney.
Having low active Vitamin D makes me wonder about the function of  these two
organs.

Rosalie (NJ)

*******
*******