From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 22:22:32 EDT

Hi Members,

Be sure to take note of the Big Celiac Outreach below, as it is an  important
step to have a major technical college, such as Lake Washington,  acknowledge
the need for education in this disease and diet. Sign up right away  if you
can make it.

We (the celiac community) have an opportunity to expand our Gluten
Intolerant education thrust to reach people. (Earl Ley, Seattle Celiacs  GIG)

Lake Washington Technical College (LWTC) in Redmond, WA has partnered with
us to hold four evening classes under their banner. It is a four-part series
(8-hours of class time). Our instructors have the best of credentials to help
people find answers. This is the first announcement/advertisement for the
class.  Please help us get the people into the class that need to be there.
Creating  celiac disease awareness needs institutional connections!! Instructors are
 giving their time for the classes.

WHEN ---- June 10-19, 6:30 - 8:30 PM TU/TH

Tuesday, June 10 -- Dr. Wangen, ND -- Diagnosing Gluten Intolerance: Who  ...
can have it?
Founder, IBS Treatment Center _www.IBSTreatmentCenter.com_
(http://www.IBSTreatmentCenter.com)

Thursday, June 12 -- Linda Ireland -- Finding safe food --- Learn to read
labels --- one of the skills needed to cope. _www.seattleceliacs.com_
(http://www.seattleceliacs.com)

Tuesday, June 17 -- Cynthia Kupper, RD, CD -- Nutrition.
Executive  Director, Gluten Intolerance Group of North America
_www.gluten.net_ (http://www.gluten.net)

Thursday, June 19 --- Shauna James Ahern --- Eating out and getting on with
your life.
Author and writer _www.glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com_
(http://www.glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com)

WHERE:
Lake Washington Technical College - Redmond Campus
6505 176th  Ave NE
Redmond, WA

FEE: $45.00

Please act now, we have until June 4 to have 12 paid students, ($45).
Maximum class size is not limited.

To register please call or email:

Shelley Glendenning, M.A.
phone 425 883-4832
email [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])

Course title:
GLUTEN INTOLERANT
COME 116 ITEM # 9300

I would like to have feedback on a proposed trip we are planning. One  of our
members, Paul Ogg, has offered us the use of a 59 passenger bus, which he
will drive, for a day trip to Bob's Red Mill World Headquarters in Milwaukie,
OR. Upon arrival, they will offer us a gluten free lunch in their restaurant,
at  a discount and then take us on a tour of the gluten free facility where
they  process the gluten free foods that they offer. Then we will have time for a
 spree in their store where we can buy plenty of goodies to keep us for a
while  and stow them in our big bus. We will then either go to Corbett's Fish
House in  Portland for dinner or return to Bremerton for pizza at Foley's Pizza.
I don't  have everything finalized until I know about the number of people who
wish to  come. Paul said we can start the bus in Port Townsend with car pools
bringing  people from Port Angles and Sequim to Port Townsend and then
stopping in  Bremerton and perhaps in Tacoma and Chehalis for other groups to join.

It will be on August 18th, which is a Monday, and we hope to leave Port
Townsend by 9:00am. We should be home no later than 9:00pm and the cost of the
bus trip is $30 per person, providing we get at least 30 people. Meals and
purchases at the store are extra. If this is something you would like to do,
please email me at [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])  and
confirm by June  15th. Also please tell me if your preference is Corbett's Fish
House (they have  GF fish and chips among other GF foods) or Foley's Pizza
(across from Harrison  Hospital in Bremerton) where they also have gluten free
pizza, salads and  desserts.

I think this will be a fun day and we can have a mini meeting on the bus on
the way down and back. Let me know.

I am off to the National GIG meeting in Dallas next Wednesday (June 4th)  and
will have lots to tell "you all" when I return.

Have some gluten free fun.

Sue Eliot
Branch Manager
Kitsap/Olympic Peninsula