From:
lisa sievers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:19:12 -0400

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has heard of poor muscle tone as being a
symptom of a young child with undiagnosed celiac.  A friend's child who
is very small for his age (2 1/2) has been tentatively diagnosed with a
form of muscular dystrophy.  They were planning to have him tested for
celiac but when the muscular dystrophy diagnosis was made, the doctors
decided not to test him for celiac since it  is "so rare" and it would
be highly unlikely that he would have both conditions.  I would
appreciate replies from anyone who is familiar with the symptom of poor
muscle tone. I wonder whether or not to encourage my friend to go ahead
and have the celiac blood test.  Thanks for your help.  Lisa Sievers, NC