From:
Rick B Schroeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:12:09 -0500

I have been on a gf diet for over two years, but, like many of you, seem
to have problems with lactose, soy and other foods. Recently, I had food
allergy testing done through the Great Smokies Diagnostic Lab. Thinking
this would show me exactly what foods to avoid, I am now more confused
than ever! According to this lab, they are testing what is in your system
from the last year or so, not beyond. If you've been avoiding some foods,
they will not show as an allergen. The results indicated I am allergic to
oysters, chocolate and Brewer's yeast. I have not had these foods, or
anything containing them, in at least 20 years. On the other hand, soy
(which I've had several times over the past year) gives me tiny,
pin-point size black spots in my mouth within 12 hours after eating it.
Soy did not show up as an allergen!

Has anyone had puzzling results such as these? Your help would be greatly
appreciated. Christie in Texas