From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:09:34 -0500

I'm following up on Mandy's post and request to call M-o-M now to share your
concern over their adding wheat starch to their Choco Dyno Bites, Corn
Bursts and Puffed cereals.  (Fruity Dyno Bites will remain GF and processed
on a dedicated line.)  They are doing this because of the sensitivities of
those ALLERGIC to wheat, not necessary for Celiacs.  These cereals are  not
produced on a dedicated line, and individuals who are allergic may react.
Basically, in M-o-M's "mind," this can become a life or death situation (my
rep didn't use these words, of course; she said something to the effect of
"for the safety and health of our consumers...").

They want to hear from their consumers!!  They are taking notice.  The wheat
will be added but they may make the changes necessary to produce these
cereals on a dedicated line if there is sufficient need.  Please call them.
 The phone # is 800-743-3029  (thanks, Mandy).

Personally, I told the rep that one of the reasons I prefer M-0-M's cereals
over the GF kinds I can buy at health food stores is that the M-o-M cereals
are fortifide.  Health food varieties are nothing but carbs.  When a child
cannot consume the normal helping of fortifide breads, crackers, cereals,
etc., a parent looks for nutrition anywhere he/she can find it.  It's a
little thing, but so important to some of us.

BTW, the change has not gone into effect yet and the cereals on the shelves
now are still without wheat.  Stock up while you can!!

Joy