From:
Ruth Tappen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:59:25 -0400

Many thanks to all who answered my post.  It seems that people had little
success getting information re GF status of items on the Pollo Tropical
menu from local outlets, but hadn't had any trouble with eating some of
these foods, so I called corporate headquarters in Miami.  They said
purchasing is done centrally and managers are not supposed to give out
information but that they would.  Here are the results:
   Black beans-OK
   Rice-OK but  has soy oil if that's a problem
   Chicken-OK
   Sweet Plantains-OK but fried in soy oil and canola oil
   French Fries-fried in same oil as the yucca, they use canola
   Flan-ingredients unknown so they advised avoidance

I don't think this is a nationwide chain, but for those of you who live or
visit South Florida, this might be helpful.