Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:13:54 -0700

I've found dated info in the archives but am having trouble accessing
the more current files. I'm trying to find the cross-contamination
status of Fritos and Frito Scoops. I've read through their gluten-free
list, its conveniently posted under "Dietary Info" on their site. (
http://www.fritolay.com/consumer.html ). Despite the list Im pretty
skeptical about a company that produces so many products. I've been
practically inhaling Fritos in the past week or so, ignoring the sudden
change in digestive activity and the nagging voice in the back of my
head. They're producing symptoms opposite of my typical
allergy/intollerance responses so I've rationalized eating them,
basically playing a glutonous trick on myself.

Anyway, my question is: Does anyone know the likelyhood of gluten or
dairy contamination in Frito Lay products, specifically Fritos? Does
anyone suspect, from personal experience, that there might be?

Thanks,
Megan
Seattle