From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 15:41:14 -0400

Hi folks, I had a most wonderful dining experience last weekend during my
visit with friends in Washington, D.C.  It's touted as a vegetarian,
organic and macrobiotic Chinese restaurant.    I was prepared to ask the
usual questions re soy sauce, wraps, etc.  Here is where the surprise came
in.  The cover of the menu said very clearly that its soy sauce is
wheat-free!  It also stated that their ingredients are dairy-free, etc.

That's not all!  Each of the menu entries itemized its ingredients!  I
enjoyed a most divine care-free restaurant dinner, and all with fresh
products!!  And I must share this find with you all!  It also has its own
Web site where you can see all those goodies for yourselves.  The name of
this very special place is The Vegetable Garden at 11618 Rockville Pike,
Rockville, MD, phone 301-468-9301, fax 301-468-1518.  The Web site address
is <www.thevegetablegarden.com>  It's about 15 minutes from NW Washington,
DC, near Bethesda, MD.

--Mildred Oberkotter, Palo Alto, CA