From:
mary elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 1998 21:09:33 -0700

     I just saw Joan Tuckey's post on the Edmonton GF guide. My thanks
to Joan for taking the trouble to clear up this misunderstanding.
     Only trouble is, it came a bit late. I had my ham & mustard
sandwich a few hours ago, using the Honeycup Canadian mustard I asked
Canadian members about. It was certainly delicious. It remains to be
seen whether it was truly GF. I will cross my toes and fingers and
hope for the best.
      I am so sick of this constant checking for gluten content.
Everything is such a production with celiac disease, down to the
simplest ham sandwich or even a chocolate bonbon. And it is so damn
hard to pin down precise information. Yes, it's GF, say some. No,
unsafe, say others. As for the constant dithering of manufacturers ...
bad cess to them.
     Oh, hell.
     Celiac Disease is one big BORE.
                                  Mary in NYC