From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 13:06:40 GMT

Since the Celiac List prefers that self advertisement be avoided, I am
posting this note from Kinnikinnick Foods.

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA
One of the Celiac & Cel-Kids Listowners

=================
Hi This is Ted

I like to make a few suggestions for the people that get a little confused
about all the discussion about the safety of oats.

Personally I do disagree with the inclusion of oats into the diet. For all
of you who are desperately seeking substitutes for oats, maybe you just
don't know the sources.

Perfect substitutes in any recipe calling for oats are two products
ditributed by Kinnikinnick Foods Inc. and possibly other sources. I have
used these two products in any recipe that calls for oats and have found
no difference in appearance or taste in the endproducts, like matrimonial
squares, applecrisp, "oatmeal cookies" or porridge.

The two substitutes are:

1) Brown Rice Flakes or Rolled Rice (ask me for recipes) and sources
2) Buckwheat flakes

So I do not think it is neceesary to put yourself at risk by incliding
oats, just use any of the two substitute instead. You won't have to do
any guess work and can enjoy all those former oat recipes just the same

Have a good day
Ted Wolff <[log in to unmask]>