From:
Teresa Wendt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2011 13:18:37 -0500

Happy Spring All,
I learn so much from this list and occasionally have the chance to help out even. Today I have a question about making quick bread. I have made several batches and each time have the same problem, that is the crust is too done and the inside is still gooey. Last time I baked it as a muffin and while the results were better I still wasn't happy plus it took twice as long as expected.
I believe I have the problem narrowed down to a couple possibilities:  that the gf flour mix doesn't absorb liquid the same as regular flour so I need to decrease (but by how much) the liquid (like bananas/applesauce, etc.) or for some reason the gf mix needs to have the temperature adjusted (recipe calls for 350F 50-60 min loaf pan) or is it something related to the xanthan gum.
I am hoping for your opinions and maybe successes, by all means share your tried and true recipes. We have successfully conquered most gf baked goods and would like to be able to serve a good pumpkin or banana bread.

Teresa in AZ
gf family 12 years

Follow my adventures: http://www.ramblinroseaz.blogspot.com/