From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 13:20:06 -0400

Halooween et al at school can be real problems for kids with
allergies, celiac etc.  My daughter went to a Monetessori school which
did not allow kids to bring in (even for lunch) junk foods, foods with
artifical colors etc.  Fruit, fruit juice and healthy goodies were
encouraged.  Came Halloween, they bobbed for apples and played games
rather than pig out of junk.

to make my daughter feel even less left out, I used to make safe goodies
WITH her to bring in for special occasions.  She felt reallly good when
the kids responded to her treats and she learned a thing or two along
the way.

By feeling is, if you can't beat 'em (the holidays and junk food),
change  the rules.

Ann