From:
Darcy Dahnert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darcy Dahnert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2012 18:07:57 -0700

I received the following information:

"Plain ham should be just chemical & salt & would be naturally GF...The USDA regulates meats/poultry & eliminated the problem of hidden proteins ~30 years ago by providing specific definitions for various ingredients.  That list is online at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Help/FAQs_Flavorings/index.asp#1 )

Unfortunately, cooking method is up to the cook & usually included something else like glaze, sugar, mustard, fruit, or even a can of white soda (sprite/7 Up) to keep it moist. Some of the packaged glazes that come with the ham are GF & other's have what.  Only way to know for sure is to contact the cook...And today would be a good day since things are still in the original package.  Even if she only supplies brand names, you can track info down yourself."

And...

"My understanding is that Honey Baked Ham is GF. Boars Head is all GF too.
Most market hams say they are GF, but they make me nervous - you have to
check the additives."

Thank you.

Darcy
Minneapolis, MN