From:
Jerry Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:37:07 -0700

Guys I have been getting a lot of enthusiastic emails about the boron
science post I put up this week. A lot of emails asking me where to buy
boron supplements. I think a warning about boron is needed here since it
sounds like a lot of you are going to be trying it in supplement form.

Basically this is what I posted to another St. John’s member about it:
The Twin Labs I have are 3 mg per gelatin capsule. No I haven’t heard of the
Triboron Plus Calcium. Sounds like a good idea to mix them though, IMO.

You still should be careful of boron intake. I have read of people getting
sick and dying from little more then 20 mg intake of boron at one time. It
throws the electrolyte balance off in the bloodstream if you take too much
of it at one time. This is one mineral that is needed in extremely trace
amounts in order to be effective, and it will make you sick if you take too
much of it at once. I didn’t want to alarm the St. John’s people about this,
but Twin Labs is doing it correctly by using very small safe quantities in
their products. About the only way you will get sick from theirs is if you
eat the whole bottle at one time, at which point you risk serious illness
and certainly death.

So please be careful with boron and do not go overboard with it. I
understand the talk about osteoporosis, and with menopause, etc, and I think
boron is in the long run going to be found invaluable in dealing with all
these problems, just be careful with it. Try to get more of it from the
foods they recommend that are high in it.

Good luck with it and you take care.

Jerry
California