From:
Beverley Sokulsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 23:34:19 +1100

Hi Kemp,

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Kemp Randolph wrote:

> Yes, unlike the damage to the intestinal walls, the cancer risk is totally
> cumulative. The seeds are continualy planted as more gluten is eaten. BUT:
> total risk of cancer is only doubled on a normal full gluten containing
> diet. Hence if I knock out 95% of the gluten from a "normal diet", then I'd
> have merely an extra 5% chance of getting cancer. At that level I've got
> better things to do than chase after every last possible speck of gluten.
>
> The error bars on the doubling are wide, given the limited sampling, true.
> Frankly, I'd worry more about effects of whatever low level I might be
> eating from nutritional deprivation than from cancer. At least that can be
> measured.

I think you must be very fortunate, I have a reaction to small amounts of
gluten even if it takes a few days to happen. I remember how sick I was
and that is my sole motivation for being dedicated to my GF diet. This
reaction and the death of my grandmother (lymphoma) and my two children
who have special needs(Autism etc) make me aware that my health is
precious. I get supplements and creative cooking ideas to replace the
gluten based nutritionals. I feel alive now, before I would wonder how
other people had the energy to do the things that they did - a new lease
of life was given to me and I refuse to give it up!!:-)
Above all, enjoy life,
Beverley
Australia<[log in to unmask]>