From:
Brad Case <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brad Case <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:19:19 +1100

Hi everyone,

I have heard alot of people suggest that L-Glutamiine is a good
supplement to use for healing the intestines. The only thing that is
unclear, is what is the suggested quantity? In Australia it isn't easy
to get hold of L-Glutamine by itself. Usually it is included in a mix
of other alleged gut healing substances, such as in "Intestamine" or
"Glutagenics". Only thing is these tend to include a relatively small
dose (Approximately 1.5 grams in every 5 grams) which may not be much
use considering I have read articles & websites promoting there
straight glutamine products with a recommended dosage of approx 10-30
grams per day.  Such as the following company:

http://www.cambridgenutra.com/consumers/gi.shtml#intro

Can anybody share some light on this who has had experience in using
L-glutamine. Particularly those who have been taking 10-30 grams per
day.

I'll summarize for everybody's benefit.

Best Regards,

Brad Case