From:
Chris Woodcock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 1995 07:38:24 -0400

My (now) 12 year old Celiac daughter wrote to Coca-Cola about 12-18 months
ago with a detailed letter asking about Coke's GF status.  She not only got a
very nice and prompt letter from Coke stating that all Coke products are GF,
but they also sent her a Coke-Cola T-Shirt!!   She became an instant Coke
fan, and promptly had her first taste of Coke.

Sorry I don't have the letter anymore, so I can't give you the name or exact
date.  I do recall there was some ambiguity about what "all Coke products"
means -- they own or are owned by Minute Maid -- does this mean Minute Maid
Orange Soda is also OK?  The Root Beer?  I'm not sure.  While Christy still
drinks Coke with no problems, this info is somewhat dated, and I think it
helps to recheck often.  If nothing else, it lets the manufacturers know we
are there and we care!

By the way, we also checked with Pepsi about a year ago -- they had a similar
"all products" statements.  Same issues, concerns and cautions as above (but
no T-shirt) -- it would be a good idea to recheck with Pepsi, though she has
had no problems with it either!