From:
Kathy Harden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 1995 09:02:29 CST

Does anyone know of a specific research/clinical article concerning
childhood CD and retarded growth?  Several members of my family and I have
CD and I am worried about my son.  He is very small for his age (10 y) and
really doesn't like to eat.  He occasionally has diarrhea and/or stomach
aches but in most peoples' opinions, nothing out of the ordinary.  Our
family physician does not think Jeffrey has it but did agree to the blood
tests which came out "normal" although I don't know what the values were.  I
don't want to be seeing demons where there are none but I know that I would
feel much better if he had the biopsy.  Over the months I have been reading
this list, it seems that slow growth can be the main presenting symptom for
some kids.  I guess my question is, in light of Jeff's negative blood tests,
should I push for the biopsy?  Is there a scientific publication that would
support me?  I was tempted to simply have him follow the diet with me but
again, the comments on this list have convinced me that this is not a good
way to approach the problem, particularly with children.  Thank you.
Kathy Harden
Champaign, IL