From:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:05:14 -0800

Ok, I' making my list of things to shop for when I start my basic
gluten-free diet. I'm very nervous but hopeful that I may see an improvement
in my digestive gas/noises/smells and more importantly my sometimes
unbearable fatigue and "ill" feelings that come and go (fyi: tested for
everything under the sun, including celiac and everything else you could
imagine. diagnosis; Irritable Bowel and probably Chronic Fatigue. Gee,
thanks Doc, thats helpful.).

Anyway, I love beans, and if I'm not mistaken they are a good protein source
(especially since I'll be avoiding soy for at least a few weeks). But the
soaking and cooking of beans is mind-numbingly prohibitive with my work
schedule. Can I buy any CANNED beans that are assuredly gluten and dairy
free?

(I do understand that there is talk that legumes cause some people to react
similarly to casein, but that pinto, kidney, and balck tend to be ok).

Thanks, Jupiter