From:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:35:11 -0500

I have doubts about whether allergy drops are really a good idea for us
food-intolerant people.  That is part of how you get food intolerances
anyway, by eating a food often.

that i could still have a bad food reaction -- i am still sick from eating
2-3 tbsp of fructose 3 days ago -- i think -- illustrates that my
guts are not healed ... i have been off gluten, dairy and some other foods
i'm intolerant to for 9 months.

And swallowing my inhalant allergens seems like a bad idea -- would i
start to have these awful mind-altering reactions to dust, if i ate some
dust?

About the corn reaction -- it seems likely to have been corn after all!  I
called the manufacturer and they told me the crystalline fructose has
about 20 parts per million of protein, and that is mostly corn.  He said a
trace amount of mold protein from the refinement might have gotten through
-- but he seemed to think, very very little.  He said it's 99.5% fructose,
and the 0.5% that isn't is mostly other carbohydrates.

So I seem to be back in scary territory.  Apparently I reacted to about
2 *micrograms* of corn protein!  That means if i get any significant
amount of corn i might end up in the hospital or dead.  I already thought
i had a virulent corn reaction, I got sick earlier only from tiny amounts
of corn protein that had soaked into a chicken -- but this is even a much
smaller amount.

You got to understand, being this allergic puts things into a whole new
light.  It means I shouldn't be shopping in health food store bins because
some corn starch dust might have wafted in ... It means fear that hasn't
been there before.  I have only been sick from my food reactions so far,
they haven't been life threatening.  But this looks like it could be life-
threatening.

The good news is my medication doesn't have corn in it after all!

laura

http://www.lightlink.com/lark/why.html