From:
Scott Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:20:52 -0700

Hello Everyone:

I got this yesterday and found it interesting. If anyone has any
information on this subject please reply to the professor directly as he
is not a member of the group:

Thank you for your information in the web page. In Korea and Japan we
are using gluten for making bait for carp fishing. Carp is the favorite
game fish in this area and we use dough balls made of grain powders.
Some product contains gluten to make it last longer and attract fish.
However, gluten dough makes foam-like scums when it dissolved in water
and floats, and it causes environmental debate. It seems that it is not
decomposed fast. I will appreciate more information or source about the
bioderadation of gluten.

Bomchul Kim, Professor
Department of Environmental Science
Kangwon National University