From:
Michelle Z <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michelle Z <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:16:44 -0500

Thanks to those of you who responded to my question about Orgran GFG.
I think that my crumbled loaf probably need to cool in the machine a
little longer.  So I'll be giving the GFG another shot this weekend.
A few of you are using it successfully and gave me the following
advice:

One person never had a problem with it and suggested the following
recipe: "2 cups white rice flour, 1 cup glutinous rice flour, 1and
1third cup potato starch, and 2thirds cup arrowroot.  I then add a
whole packet of the GFG to this mix, and use as normal."

One person said that he doesn't use it, but his daughter does and is
happy with it.  He suggested using a thicker crust setting on the
bread machine, adding a tablespoon or two of arrowroot/tapioca flour
or almond flour.

One person reminded me that bread machines do not always produce
consistent results and suggested sifting the flour with the GFG to
distribute it evenly throughout, or cooling the bread further before
removing it from the machine.

One person uses it, keeps any xanthan or guar gum that the recipe
calls for, but reduces the heat and cooks longer.  The same person
suggested spraying the top of a loaf with olive oil and covering with
plastic while the dough proofs, and covering with I assume foil after
the loaf browns to help it bake more consistently.