From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:48:22 EDT

My daughter's doctor has agreed to do blood tests for CD.  This is
something that I have wanted for a long time.  She has many allergies.
Another daughter and I have a IGA deficiency so cannot do the blood test
and and both went on a GF diet since we were so sick and it made us
so much better that we don't want to do a challenge.  If this daughter
who was allergic to wheat as a child, but does not test allergic now,
has blood tests consistent with CD, we will have another piece of the
puzzle that we feel will help the rest of the family.

My question is:  She is taking Predizone (spelling may be wrong) shots and
pills to combat severe asthma at this time.  The test is scheduled for
March 9th.  Does anyone know if this will effect the outcome of the
tests.  If it would, how long would she have to be free from the
steroids to test accurately?

Thanks, Carol in NJ