From:
arline black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:47:52 PST

I have been wondering about whey myself since I am lactose intolerant but I
find that I can not only drink the Dr. Atkins protein shake mix (and it has
whey in it) but that it makes me feel very well. I realize that the protein
is supposed to be "ready to digest", whatever that means, but does whey have
no lactose as well as no milk protein. I have been under the impression that
I am allergic to milk protein because no matter how many lactaid tablets I
take I still have a violent reaction to cerain dairy products.

Also "Jack Sprat could eat no Fat."
     "His Wife could eat no Lean ."
     "And between the Two they licked the Platter Clean."

Does that mean that Jack was not a celiac sprue person and gobbled up the
gruel and porridge and bread? His wife was a celiac sprue victim and could
only eat the meat and protein which usually contains some fat? I have
wondered that for years as my husband has watched me in disdain and
arrogance as he ate his grains and I ate my meat. I know why now.

Arline