From:
NICKI HUMPHRIES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:25:29 -0500

I have celiac and am also allergic to egg albumin (egg white).  So, I have
been thrilled with several Dr. Shar's products, particularly egg free
cookies.  However, I have had problems with Baking Mixes B and C in
recipes not calling for eggs.  Some of the translations from the metric to
the US measurement system seem incorrect (I found some recipes for the
mixes on Shar's website) and both mixes seem to result in an extremely
wet, difficult to knead result before baking.  Has anyone used these mixes
with better success?  Despite my problems, I've had some good white bread
and pastries from the mixes, but I think that is the result of luck!