Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:33:19 -0400

Dear Listserv Subscribers,

In just a few days, Congresswoman Lowey (NY), champion of the food allergen
labeling law, will re-introduce National Celiac Disease Awareness
legislation.

This measure is just one of many efforts, big and small, by individuals,
organizations, and lawmakers, to raise awareness about celiac disease during
the month of May.  Rep. Lowey will, once again, use this measure to educate
her colleagues about the need for improved physician education, funding for
celiac research, insurance reimbursement for dietitians, and much, much,
more.

Last session over 100 organizations signed-on to support Rep. Lowey's bill.
Sharing this list with her colleagues, she is able to demonstrate that it's
time for Congress to focus on the needs of people with celiac disease.

We hope that all the companies and organizations working with our community
will add their name and support this important awareness effort.

To add your company's name, send an email to [log in to unmask] , with
"Awareness Month Supporter" in the Subject line.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and stay tuned for
more information on celebrations occurring around the country next month.

Beth Hillson
President, American Celiac Disease Alliance
www.americanceliac.org

*******
*******