From:
EmmaJane Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EmmaJane Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 03:37:46 -0400

Listmates,

I could not possibly understand a fast food chain using two different types (kinds) of chicken - one for their grilled sandwiches and one for their salads.  Afterall, they make some of their money by keeping the overhead and costs as low as possible.  So I wrote to the corporation and received this reply:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's.
You may be interested to know that the grilled chicken in our Premium Salads do not contain gluten.  In fact, it is the same grilled chicken that is used on all of our grilled chicken sandwiches.  It may, however, contain wheat from contact with the Crispy Chicken Breast Filet.  Therefore, our Grilled Chicken Premium Salads are listed under the gluten list for the safety of our customers.

Again, thank you for contacting McDonald's. We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again soon under the Golden Arches.

Cynthia
McDonald's Customer Satisfaction Department

ref#:1570502

As always, it is up to each individual sufferer of celiac sprue to determine if a product is suitable for their ingestion.  Maybe this will help someone in their decision.

EmmaJane Adams
Danville, PA