From:
JOANNE EGGLESTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 20:25:20 EST

I researched the following products recently and would like to share
the info with the list.  Some of the following products were at one
time considered GF, but are no longer GF.

Polaner Fruit Spread & Pourable Fruit:  I spoke with a Genevieve
today and was questioning them about the Natural Flavor that is used
in this product.  I asked her specifically  if it contained an
alcohol base at all.  She informed me that it does indeed contain a
grain alcohol base (not corn) that they mix with the fruit flavor.
She stated on any of the Polaner labels if you see Natural Flavor, as
celiacs we should avoid it as they do not consider it to be GF.

Starburst Frozen Yogurt:  I spoke with a Kelly today and she informed
me that these do NOW contain gluten and should be avoided by celiacs.

Starburst Fruit Chews:  Are still considered GF.
Skittles:  Still GF.
Starburst Jelly Beans:  After much researching they have confirmed
these are GF!

Mike-N-Ikes:  All flavors are still GF.

Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frostings:  The strawberry and French
Vanilla flavors do contain an alcohol base.  I spoke with a Jane who
told me there are 9 other flavors that are GF and she did not have
the time to research what the source of alcohol was from.  So in
summary, we should avoid it until they "take the time".

Diana
Iowa