From:
Monica Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 00:37:59 EST

 Thank you to everyone who replied about whether their Doctors took the
results from Dr. Fine's Lab services seriously.My purpose is to avoid another
gluten load and to help my ailing kids with Doctors that are so very unaware
of the scope of this disease.

 There were about 14 replies, with the added bonus being that most of their
Drs. took the  testing from Entero Labs at their "word".

Only 1 or 2 Drs. dismissed the test results.Sorry if that number isn't
completely accurate.It is either one or two.

Their were several personal praises about their testing results and the
health that came from following their (Entero's) recommendations. There was
one reply that warned a personal consultation with Dr. Fine costs an extra
$99.I thought that that's a good thing to be aware of.

1 reply thought that the testing was a waste of time and money as they were
already Diagnosed by their Dr.

 A few suggested switching Drs. if the current  ones aren't up to date on
Celiac.

 One last one had suffered more damage as a result of not being diagnosed
earlier which makes me want to avoid gluten loads even more.

 And one last one had said that since they were already gluten free that the
gene testing had clenched it for their Dr.  She happens to be the one who
alerted me to possible Celiac and another angel to thank on the list for
being so supportive and having a wealth of information to share.

I never thought to ask my Doctor's if they would accept Dr. Fines testing
until asking all of you. I suppose doing it alone can cloud one's thinking
sometimes. At least now I have the confidence and knowlege that if other Drs.
can accept it,then why take no for an answer.
 Thank you to all who replied,
 Monicha