From:
John Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 00:52:17 -0400

>"It is difficult to make specific statements on
>whether a particular Kraft product may be consumed...It is not always
>possible for Kraft to say difinitely whether gluten is present in
>minor product ingredients."

I would caution anyone regarding anything produced by or affiliated with Kraft
Foods.  My experience with them - 3 phone calls to their 800 number, and a
letter produced absolutely NO results. They claim they DO NOT KNOW what is in
their products and simply refer you to the label.  They refused to confirm or
deny the presence or absence of gluten in the products I was calling on.
Incidently, they also apparently own General Foods and Post Cereals as I got
the same treatment from them.

I am only recently diagnosed and in my first six weeks of scrambling for info
- so if anyone else has had better luck with them, please let us know.

John Williams <[log in to unmask]>