From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:00:49 -0500

Thanks to all who responded.  As someone else posted today, Pam cooking
spray IS GF.  It appears that the problem some folks have with it has to
do with the fact that it is derived from canola oil.  Here's what a
couple of people had to say.  This should close the books on this question.

*****

I talked to the company that makes Pam directly at 1-800-PAM-4YOU and
they told me that Pam is definitely GF.  I purchase the original  one.
I hope this is of help.  Good Luck.

*****

I wrote to the most recent person who made this statement.  Her response
was that it contained canola oil which she reacted to..... hardly a
support for the statement that it was not GF. I too checked the listings
and saw it was still listed as GF............I have not confirmed with
the company since I rarely use it.  I think people need to be careful in
stating if a product contains gluten or if they personally cannot tolerate it.

****

I used to use Pam, but then someone told me that the propellant they use
is not GF as it is derived from grain alcohol.  I never checked it out
with the manufacturer, but I did switch to Spectrum Naturals brand
cooking spray, and do not have any problems with it.  It is sold in
health foods stores and Whole Foods Markets.  I would be interested in
knowing for sure if Pam is GF as it is a whole lot less expensive.  GF
eating is certainly more expensive for all of us.