From:
Cindy Goguen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 09:42:04 EDT

First of all, thank you to all the wonderful people who responded to me so
quickly. I received over 15 e-amils.  There were a few that said it was not
gf (but with no back up) I received overwhelming responses of celiacs using
it with no problems,  I checked the website (www.blistex.com)  it does not
state gf, but the ingredients looked ok to me.

One response was someone who spoke with the company a year ago and stated
that they were all GF.

I have included one response below:

             I'm getting information on Blistex Lip Balm from my "CSA
G.F.  Commercial products listing Guide. It says that the: Regular,
Mint, Berry& Ultra Blistex Lip Tone, Daily Conditioning Treatment SPF-
20, Kank-a Liquid, Lip Medex and Lip Revitalizer are all Gluten Free. I
don't know if this is info that you already have or not. Keep in mind
that the last verification of this info is dated 5/98. I tried to get a
phone # for Blistex but had no luck. You might try "Ask Jeeves.com"
sometimes you can find some things out on that.  Hope this helps a bit.

A few people stated they checked that CSA guide and they were there as GF.

I will be letting my daughter use it as I think it is ok from what I have
"heard" there were at least 8 people who use it regularly with no problems.

Thanks again ! and good luck to everyone!!

Cindy in Mass