From:
Cheryl Rae Shoults <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:08:12 -0500

Here's an email I received from Tylenol Customer Service.  Hope
it's helpful.  (Tylenol PM Gelcaps are GF, for those wanting a
mild sleep aid.)

"Cheryl Shoults

Dear Cheryl:

Thanks for visiting our website.  In reference to your inquiry
concerning the gluten content in our products, we have listed
below the products which have been tested and do not contain
detectable levels of gluten.

Children's TYLENOL(r) Cold Plus Cough Chewable Tablets
Children's TYLENOL(r) Suspension Grape Flavored Liquid
Extra Strength TYLENOL(r) Caplets
Extra Strength TYLENOL(r) PM Gelcaps
Imodium(r) AD Caplets
Infants' TYLENOL(r) Cherry Concentrated Drops
Children's Motrin(r) Cold Non-Staining Dye Free Oral Suspension
Children's Motrin(r) Non-Staining Dye Free Oral Suspension
Infants' Motrin(r) Non-Staining Dye Free Concentrated Drops
Lactaid(r) Original Strength Caplets
Lactaid(r) Ultra Caplets
Maximum Strength TYLENOL(r) Allergy Sinus Caplets
Multi-Symptom TYLENOL(r) Cold Medication Tablets (Complete Formula)

Sesame Street(tm) Complete Vitamins and Minerals
TYLENOL(r) Arthritis Extended Relief Caplets (TYLENOL(r) Arthritis
Pain Caplets)

For the remainder of McNeil's products:

Glutens are naturally-occurring proteins found in grains such as
wheat, rye,barley, and oats, but are not found in corn.  The
source of starch in this formulations is corn.  Other inactive
ingredients may be derived from a source other than corn.

Relatively small amounts of other materials used in our
formulations may contain starch from other sources (e.g. potato,
rice).

Cheryl Shoults
February 12, 2002
Page 2

We are not aware of published reports associating the use of our
products according to package label directions with a worsening
of symptoms in patients with celiac disease.

There is a complete list of active and inactive ingredients on
the package.

We hope this information is helpful.

TYLENOL
Consumer Relationship Center"