From:
Dayle Honer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 00:49:04 -0500

I tried to send this privately but kept coming back.  You were looking for a
recipe for birthday cake that you could take and have professionally
decorated.  This cake is almost the same texture as the regular flour ones
that I can remember, it is not too soft or spongy. You can make it in cake
pans or as cupcakes or whatever, just adjust the baking time.  I used a 9 x
13 pan and baked at 350 for 30 minutes or so (till toothpick came out clean)

Banana Devil's Food Cake
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 c margerine/or butter
2 eggs (preferably large or extra large)
1/2 cup mashed banana
1 c buttermilk
1/2 tsp xanthum gum
2 cups gluten free flour (Bette Hagman's mixture)
3 tbsp soya flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c cocoa
1 tsp salt.
Cream shortening and brown sugar, add eggs and beat well.  Then add banana
and buttermilk, mix well.  In separate bowl mix dry ingredients, mix well.
Slowly add to the wet ingredients and beat till smooth.  Pour into greased
pan, and bake at 350 till toothpick comes out clean.  (9x13 pan takes approx
30 minutes or so).

This is something I kind of "invented", being it is one of my first attempts
I would love some feedback, maybe then I would have the courage to try
create more.  My husband says we should write a cookbook, this could be the
start???   Please reply, all suggestions are appreciated.
Dayle,
Calgary, Alberta