From:
Treasure Tomal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 11:59:40 -0500

Hi,

As I have said before my son was put on a Gluten Free/Lactose Free diet in
April of 96.  It has been a wonderful healthy year for him since.

The only thing is he had never gone for the testing of Celiac Disease itself.
 We just treat him as if he does have it...

Here is my question... I know that I have got to have him tested.  And I
will.... Its just hard to have a 3 year old that spent most of his life sick,
then to have him healthy for an entire year, only to get him sick again so he
can be tested..  I will get him tested someday.. But my question is......

I have had a question asked to me by one of the doctors listed on Scotts
Celiac Page, when I contacted him for more info about testing my son.  He
asked if Celiac was part of my family history. I said no.  He asked if I ever
experience any of the symtoms. I said, the more I learn about it, Yes, I
agree I am the same way.  He suggested when I find a doctor for my son to
have myself tested first.....

And it was kind of strange that he said that, because I have a Therapist AND
a Pychatrist, who suggested the same thing when I told them about my son.  I
have "problems" (i.e. depression, and what they call an "eating disorder").
 They seem to think Gluten in my diet may also be a major cause of my "Mental
Health" problem. I am not sure if I agree, becaue I dont see anybody talking
about this.  I see it on a Milk Free Mailing LIst I am on, but not this
mailing list..

Have any of you heard of any of this, or dealt with it yourselves??? Did any
of you get tested for the same reason??? Please let me know..

Treasure

 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/TayJay126/Treasure.html">Treasures Page</A>