Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:31:35 EDT

I have been working with the Deacon at my Parish on what the options are for
my Celiac daughter who will take first communion in the spring of 2005.  I
have read the archives and done some research on finding a wafer made with Codex
wheat starch produced in Europe.  I have read that in the U.S. it is not
recommended, but European Celiacs consume it.  Here are my questions:
       1.  Why would it be ok for a European Celiac to eat it but not an
American?  Does it have to do with wheat starch produced in the U.S. versus Europe?
       2.  Have any of you tried or currently use these wafers?
       3.  One company in England will not ship out of the country.  Is there
a reputable company that will ship to the U.S. and do you have the
information to reach them?

I thank you for your time.
Andrea in Minnesota