From:
Willem Witteveen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 17:36:00 +0100

For the last two months I have been following the messages on celiac.
About a year ago I was diagnosed CD.  I also have arthritis, which was
diagnosed about 6 months before the Celiac.  Now the funny thing is that
the arthritis does not show up in my blood tests (is that abnormal?), and
therefore my rheumatologist believes it might get better.  The other
funny thing is that the arthritis has only gotten worse despite the
gluten free diet.  It started in my feet, but now I can feel it in all my
joints.  I know there is a connection between celiac and arthritis but I
would like to know if anybody has anymore information (including
treatment) on the subject - doctors or patients.  My name is Marleen, I
live in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and I am 48 years old.