From:
Tiffanie Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 01:15:34 -0500

Well, the boo boos are endless    lol   I did something again..... well I
am not for sure what happened but,   This time, there is no culprit and
neither the fire department, Paramedics, nor the doctors at the hospital
could explain it.....   Here we go..   I made my son lunch.... Definately
GF this time......... No butter,  lol  nothing else, and i triple
checked...... well anyway to make a long story short.... my son was out
riding his scooter when he came and asked for a drink..  I noticed that his
face looked funny....  I asked him to come over so i could look at it and
he had this huge red bumpy rash or something on his face.... i about had a
heart attack!!!  so i asked him to take off his shirt and he looked like he
was a darn spotted leopard.... he had so many big red bumps on his body, he
looked awful... well i wasnt taking chances and called the ambulance....
The hospital insisted on putting him in an AVEENO Oatmeal Bath, and after
reconsideration by me telling them their lives were not worth a oatmeal
bath, they relented... the doctor kept saying that Celiacs disease is NOT
topical and you can touch gluten without getting sick... well i dont know
but i beg to differ.... any ways   the doctor diagnosed my son with VIRAL
EXANTHEM???????  Who knows what that is but she told me it was a type of
dermatitis, and to keep him on Benedryl for at least a week and take him to
the pediatrician tom.  When I looked it up the definition of Viral Exanthem
on the internet..... i got was in other words, the doctor didnt know what
it was so they just give it a generic name?  my question to all is:  Is
benedryl GF??? and has anyone ever had this kind of a reaction to
gluten???  P.S.   This was NOT heat rash... this was very distinct.. and
took less than 10 minutes to spread over the whole body.  Some of the bumps
did produce some blisters.... It is now 8 hours since it started and it is
still there.  I dont think it is going away any time soon......Sorry this
is so long.....I know I have been asking alot of questions from yall, but
it seems yall know more than the doctors we have here in vegas, and have
helped more than them.  Thanks in advance to all who can help with this
mess.  Tiffanie in Las Vegas