From:
jim freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jim freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 16:47:40 -0700

I sometimes think that we focus too much on gluten free lists instead of
on individual products and ingredients.
how much confidence can we have in a list of one hundred "GF products"
put out by  a major manufacturer that
does not make any products that are GF by design, as opposed to those
that are naturally GF. I think that we should
spend more time trying to determine the nature and source of the strange
things that we see in the ingredient lists. That may take more research,
but once we have it we can apply the knowledge to different foods as we
run into them.

On that note can anyone educate me about Hydrolyzed Yeast Extract, and
what are we to make of Natural Flavors.

Jim Freeman
San Leandro, CA