Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:37:20 -0500
<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

Hi All--

My family was thinking they might want to eat at Carrabbas this weekend for
a special occassion, (Huntsville, AL) so I called Carrabbas for more
information about their "From the Grill" items. I've eaten there before and
had the shrimp scampi - it was wonderful! But I didn't want shrimp again.
The owner wasn't there and wouldn't be in until Friday, so I spoke with the
only person who could answer my question (I guess...). The menu states that
"for all grill items, request them to be made without grill baste." I asked
the person on the phone if they had a separate area on the grill to cook
food items that had to be gluten free? His reply was, no, they cook all
chicken on one section of the grill, steak and beef on another section of
the grill, and fish on yet another section of the grill. I then asked, "so
if I order chicken or steak without the grill baste, you will still be
cooking it where items with the grill baste have been cooked?" He said, yes.

I have written to the corporate office but have not heard back from them. I
told them what I've written here, then added that I didn't feel their menu
was an accurate reflection of "gluten free" as there would be cross
contamination. I asked them if what I had been told was correct or was I in
error?

This may not be the case with other Carrabbas restaurants. However, it
appears that everyone who wishes to eat at any Carrabbas needs to check with
the restaurant regarding cross contamination issues on the grill. It's also
possible that the owners or managers oversee gluten free orders so that they
don't become contaminated, but since this owner was not going to be in until
Friday, that was too late for us to decide where we want to eat.

I'll post again with any response I receive from Carrabbas corporate office.

Cheers,
Ayn in Alabama