From:
dave taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 15:10:04 -0500

Listmates,  Here's a response from Heinz on their ketchup.  This is in
response to an e-mail I sent after a recent post to the list concerning the
ketchup and it's GF status.

From: "Heinz Ketchup (HNA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Heinz "Contact Us" Inquiry
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 15:32:29 -0400

Dave,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your inquiry.  We appreciate your
interest in our products.

I can confirm that Heinz Ketchup made by Heinz USA is gluten free - the
distilled vinegar used is from corn sources.   Any varieties of Heinz
Ketchup, including the EZ Squirt and Hot Ketchup are also considered
gluten~free.

Also, Heinz White Distilled Vinegar, Heinz Red Wine Vinegar, and Heinz Apple
Cider Vinegar (not to be confused with Apple Cider Flavored Vinegar, which
is not gluten~free) can be confirmed as gluten free products.

Any products not contained in the above listing cannot be guaranteed as
gluten~free.  Because we make so many products and the ingredients are
purchased from various suppliers, we are not able to provide a comprehensive
listing of ingredients and sources.  The source of an ingredient can change
at any given time.

We understand that this can be a very distressing condition and wish you the
best of luck in locating gluten-free products.  I hope this will prove
helpful in planning your diet.

Sincerely,

Linda Smothers
Consumer Affairs Representative