From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 20:20:58 EST

Came up with this recipe tonight....based on what I had on hand.

Had 12 large cut beef ribs, each piece about 6-7inches long and about 2
inches across and 2 inches thick. (My husband ate three. I ate two.....so
this would probably feed four very generously.) Put the ribs in a large
baking pan or pot, so marinade will cover the pieces. Make marinade. Save
some to use as basting during cooking. Pour most over ribs. Refrigerate...few
hours to overnight. Marinade:
20 oz jar of Tamari wheat-free soy sauce
10 oz jar of pineapple jam (Polaner All Fruit)
12 oz can of Sprite (or 7Up)
19 oz jar of Gefen Classic Rib Sauce, Original Recipe.....this is nothing
more than a sweet barbecue sauce...peaches, apricots, sugar....can probably
whip up yourself. (The only address on the jar is Kenover Marketing Corp.
Brooklyn, New York 11232. I buy Gefen sauces at Passover time and use them
all year.)
Couple of tablespoons of something spicey...like a gf Hoisan sauce.

To cook....(from a recipe book) bake at 350F for 45-60 minutes and broil for
last five minutes or so, or do as I did....broil medium heat for 45 minutes
and then for 15 minutes on high heat....not too close to broiling element.

I'm sure you can use some honey in the marinade too. Depends on your taste.

This stuff was delicious! Looking forward to tomorrow's leftovers!
Lin